Field Service Engineer (m/f/x)
For over 100 years KORSCH has been developing and building exclusively high-tech tablet presses. As an expanding medium-sized company, we are one of the big players in the industry. Our tablet presses “Made in Berlin” make life much easier for millions of people worldwide.
Well-known companies from the pharmaceutical and industrial sectors use our machines not only to produce tablets of all kinds, but also batteries, dishwasher and bath tablets, vitamins, sweeteners, candies, bouillon cubes, water-color painting pads, lozenges, tea lights and much more.
Learn more about KORSCH on our website.
In order to support our Team from KORSCH America we are looking for a
Field service engineer (m/f/x)
The Position is based out of our Boston office with extensive travel to customer sites throughout the United States and Canada.
Responsibilities, Background, Experience:
- Willingness to travel, in the range of 75%, possibly short notice. Duration of each trip ranges one day to two weeks
- Provide technical support to customers
- Provide remote Allen-Bradley PLC and RS Logix support
- Provide Siemens S7 PLC and WinCC HMI Support
- Experience with Wonderware Intouch programing language
- Equipment factory acceptance testing
- Equipment calibration and general equipment troubleshooting
- Customer training and execution of pharmaceutical validation protocols
- Tablet Press Equipment upgrades and rebuilds
- Staging electronic components for field service upgrade projects
- Technical writing and proposal generation
- Validation documentation writing and review
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 1 year’s relevant experience. The job also requires 6 months training.